Monday, September 12, 2005

Monday

Today I started my day with a flat tire.

#$%^&!#* !!!

but we actually recovered from that fairly quickly and it was off to work, followed by
  • long walks in the park (pffft yeah right)
  • the dentist, where Thing 2 had a panic attack over a FLOURIDE TREATMENT (gasp!)
  • the miniature golf course... down payment on a birthday party
  • my favorite place - the supermarket!
  • and then, home to Homework Wonderland
footnotes:
Can you believe a child who had to buy colored pencils AND magic markers for school came home and told me today she needs CRAYONS now too? What's next, a palette of oil paints?

Does the supermarket always marinate the fish that's about to spoil? 'Cuz I fell for that one today. We did NOT have bourbon sauce basted salmon because I know it shouldn't smell THAT fishy, dammit. Supermarkets suck.

Should homework for elementary school children require the particpation of BOTH parents? Isn't there an international treaty that bans homework on Fridays??

Survivor starts Thursday. Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Homework... my young kids have way more homework than I ever remember having when I was young... last year my oldest was in 3rd grade and I had trouble with some of the math principles!!
Oh don't get me started!

babyjewels said...

I honestly don't remember doing homework until middle school. Didn't we always just get it done in a free period? Next year my son starts kindergarden and the fun begins. Until then, he's in a cooperative preschool, so all the "homework" is just my work. and it never ends...

glad I found your site, btw. I'm going on 40, too.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...