Monday, September 05, 2005

Betty Keeps Me Warm

I love cinnamon. My kids love brownies. So when we noticed Betty Crocker's Warm Delights in the supermarket we all went "ooooh".

The package contains a one-time-use bowl and a packet of dry ingredients. You mix in water, microwave for a VERY short period of time, and voila! A cake, a brownie, etc. The package is complete with a pouch of icing or chocolate for you to drizzle on top.

I was rather cynical and expected them to pretty much suck, so I wouldn't buy more than two - one Cinnamon Swirl cake for me and a brownie mix for them. Imagine my surprise when they actually turned out to be pretty good. The kids fought over the last few crumbs of the brownie. None of it was as good as "from scratch" but it was respectable.

Great, now I have to avoid you in the market, Crocker. Thanks a lot. For the rest of you, as the skeleton said, "Bone Appetit". (Sorry, my 7 year old's favorite joke)

3 comments:

Spinning Girl said...

oh...yummah.

Unknown said...

Your seven year old has a future in stand up.

Those things sound lethal. Lethal.

Anonymous said...

Saw those - read the side panel - ran away screaming. I was all, dude, what if they're good?

At least if I make it at home no one rubs my nose in the (lack of) nutritional content.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...