Friday, September 02, 2005

Writers wanted

More than one blogger that I know has sent me samples of their writing and said "I wrote this but it doesn't really fit in my blog".... because their blog is primarily humor. WhatI have read is excellent and should be shared.

So, I had this idea today that I would like to start a second blog. Hardly original, but it would be a group of writers and anything that doesn't "fit" on your blog as described above is fair game. You all can be anonymous as far as the rest of the internet is concerned(because I know you funny guys don't want to seem like little girls, your secret will be safe with me) , or you can post with your current blogger profile. It's up to you. Post only when you want to.

If you would like to join in, please let me know. (Email me, using the link under my profile photo).

This is the kind of thing that I personally would be putting into that blog:

The rose blooms in a styrofoam cup on my desk....pink, perfect. On closer examination, two of the petals in the back have been torn away. The edges are beginning to turn brown.

I push down the dread that you will slip away from me, that you have already begun to do so. The newness has worn off, the butterflies have drifted away on the last summer breeze.

I try not to think about the loneliness I used to feel, and how you made that seem like a distant memory. I wonder if it will return with a vengeance, as surely as the tide returns to the shore.

We've progressed to the point where soon someone will push, and the other will pull away.

1 comment:

Weary Hag said...

What an excellent idea. Your poetry is lovely. And you're right... some things don't seem to fit on certain blogs. It's very nice of you to make this offer.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...