Saturday, September 10, 2005

Net, Goal, potato, potahhto

If you haven't noticed oneword.com/, it's fun - you'll see one word each day and you have sixty seconds to write about it.

Today's word: [net] and I wrote

In the net, get it in the net, don't kick it out of bounds again, don't go straight down the sidelines, darnit kick it in the NET - YESSSSSSS! you did it! Mom is so proud of you.

That's right sports fans, MY SON GOT A GOAL IN HIS SOCCER GAME TODAY.

Suprisingly, I was actually there to even see it. I have a tradition of missing his goals, baskets, and home runs because of the technicality of not actually being there.

(They lost the game, but so what?)

1 comment:

Doublebogie said...

Being there to witness your children being victorious in sporting events is one of the greatest joys a parent can experience. The pride is overwhelming isn't it?
Winning or losing is a very minor part of the event, although the competition, teamwork, and discipline are character building traits they will carry with them throughout the rest of their lives in their successes and failures as adults.
I've got a 15 yr old son who actually made it to the state tournament in wrestling last yr, my 13 yr old boy is an excellent skate boarder, my 10 yr old daughter does very well in baseball and yes!, my 8 yr old son made a goal this year in soccer too!
Isn't it a wonderful feeling? !!
I'm only wondering which path my 2 yr old will follow.
Congrats mom! Many more to you!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...