Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Take another little piece of my heart, baby

As you may know, NICU patients and nurses are very near and dear to my heart.

This news story in particular kills me, for that very reason. It just seems like every story, every hour, brings more despair. My sister and I were on the phone today discussing the news and we were both in tears over the incomprehensible suffering. We feel almost guilty to live where we do...a little snow now and then.

The remanants of Kat are here in upstate NY and I got caught in a downpour going from our school to the car. One minute, and I was soaked. I can't imagine being out on a roof for hours, in total shock after clawing my way through that same roof.

I'm almost glad my children are still just a little bit too young to understand the depths of it all.

PS - fuck you, Iraqui propaganda bastards.... this is not God's punishment to America... bite me, hard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a little further north than upstate NY, and we got pelted today too...

but nothing compares with the devastation the South feels in the wake of Mother Nature's wrath.

No, it's not the God's revenge on us, but it is partly from our own abuse of this planet we inhabit...

something to think about.

Johnny Virgil said...

um, I'm not convinced. Take a look at the top ten most powerful hurricanes off all time, and the dates they occurred. Then tell me you can blame it all on global warming.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...