Friday, August 05, 2005

doo doot doo doot, doo doo doo

Have you seen the commercial for Great Escape / Six Flags? You know, the one with the obnoxious beeping sound that gets stuck in your head for a week and a half?

Well, we went there today but we didn't see that old man jitterbugging anywhere.

I'm really glad I finally got there because I bought season passes for myself and the kids and we haven't been yet, until today. Arrrgh! But, two visits and the purchase price is covered so if we get there one more time I'll be ok.

Today was a swimming day, we did the wave pool and the lazy river. For that one split second in the wave pool I thought "I'm too far out, the next wave is going to knock me off my feet for good and the teenage lifeguards will have to rescue my sorry butt in front of all of these people" but then I regrouped. In the next moment my son, bobbing up and down in his lifejacket, said "Thanks for bringing us here, Mom, this is awesome!!"

It makes me especially happy to do stuff like this because, well, my Mom hates to go ANYWHERE like that and I just want to not ever end up like that, for my children's sake. SO, I drag myself through the park toting the wet suits and towels. (Really, look at this map, it's as far as it could POSSIBLY be from the effing parking lot... on either side of the words "splashwater kingdom" you will find the wave pool and the lazy river. Dammit.)

Of course the real fun is looking at everyone and mentally categorizing them into groups like "Never", "Anytime", etc and also "I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that".

Next time, the rest of the park - rides and other attractions.

5 comments:

onescrappychick said...

You're a better mom than I am. I can't justify 1. the gas to get to Six Flags New England 2. The cost to get in when I WON'T ride a single ride and dd is barely tall enough to get on them herself (I think it's 4 feet? And she's like 49")..

Weary Hag said...

Ya see, moms like you always make moms like me look bad. I couldn't STAND to take my little one to amusements parks. That chore got left for someone else to do, but luckily there were plenty of folks to tote her along.
I know what you mean about the parking lots and having to pack a lunch just to get from the car to the gate. The bastards.

Fun post, Carly.

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

I'm obsessed with that old guy. I know it's a young person in makeup, but the old guy is hilarious. And they never show him for more than 5 seconds on the ads. Stop teasing me! Give me 30 seconds of just the old guy dancing. I'd watch that.

tinymatters said...

You're such a good mom.

Spinning Girl said...

I hate that old guy.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...