Saturday, August 06, 2005

By association


I have some weird links formed in my brain.

For instance, when it is 4:44 PM, I often notice the time, and it makes me instantly think of my grandmother, because that was her house number - 444 - 8th Ave.

Do other people do this or is it just one more way I am "special"? Haha.





My grandmother taught me solitaire. (Left handed deal, 3 cards turned at a time). It's about all I remember of her. We played almost every day for a while, because she lived with us for a few months when she had cancer. I would go and sit on the bed with her, and we would play cards. I don't remember much about our conversations, because I was about ten years old.


I have her hutch in my kitchen. I'm sure it's not antique per se, but I love it and will (hopefully) never part with it. Of course, if my sister speaks up, we may have a problem, but that's not really her personality and I would be more than willing to share it somehow.

4 comments:

Amy N. said...

Hee. I'm glad I'm not the only one; whenever I see 10:23 on the clock I think, "That's my birthday!"

David Tellez said...

I do that weird link too! Whenever a clock or watch reads 9:37 I'll just sing out loud, "Ninety-three point seven...K-R-Q!" cuz when I was little, that was the first radio station I used to listen to, and still do to this day...dont worry...your not the only weird one...LOL...

Johnny Virgil said...

holy crap. 444 is the number my wife sees all the time too. It's bad luck according to the chinese. The word "four" sounds like the chinese word for death or some such.

John said...

When I was ln high school my friend Dan and I ranked the times on a digital clock in order of how awesome they were. 12:34 was the best. 11:11 was next. It was like a Poker Hand Strength Chart. I will see if he still has it. Maybe I'll put a picture of it on the blog.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...