Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Shell necklace


More of the jewelry I have made...

This necklace is all about the seashell - I pulled colors out of the shell when choosing the beads. The two red beads by the shell normally hang over the drilled hole in the shell, but it wasn't on the scanner quite right.






I love this seashell because it was given to me by someone very special. A long, long time ago it was plucked off of a rocky beach as a way to capture the feelings that were found there...

2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

That's gorgeous Carly... you do beautiful work.

Beck said...

I really like this one! I have a bunch of shells I picked up off the beach in the Virgin Islands, but I am not sure how to get a hole in the shell to be able them for jewelry. Hmmm.
I like that you seem to have petite designs. So much of the jewelry I see lately is huge, chunky stuff. It just looks weird on my little neck!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...