Sunday, August 21, 2005

Big Tripper

So, I went to the Mirror Lake Inn this weekend. They have a gorgeous, fan-really it's amazing-tastic spa. I signed up for a sweeeeedish massage.

When I got there the receptionist showed me around the ladies' side of the "sanctuary" area, which contains rosewood lockers and a shower/dressing area. That flows into the steambath room, and then there is a whirlpool tub with a fireplace next to it. It's all VERY nice. You enjoy the steam room and whirlpool, then go into the next room down which is a waiting area with couches, and you go in to your actual appointment from there.

At the end of my massage, which was great, the therapist mentioned that I could go back in the whirlpool, and so I did. There was no one around, and so I went in wearing only my birthday suit. I only tell you this, because it makes the story better if you know the WHOLE story. It is a wrinkled, non-airbrushed sort of birthday suit, but shut up anyway.

After a few minutes, I could see through the fireplace that someone had re-entered the lounge area so I decided to get out. I didn't want to be caught in the tub if the jets went off and have someone think I was a wierdo.

I tried to casually wrap a towel around myself as I was going up the whirlpool stairs but I dropped one edge. Yes, then I tripped on the towel, going up the pool stairs. It was sort of a stumble-trip, drop the towel, grab the towel, stumble-grab-the-handrail, oh shit sort of moment that took maybe one second, and felt like 30. I splashed and swore and basically just about had a heart attack. I almost fell on my naked ass in one of the most lovely spas around. Wouldn't that have just been so special?

I called my sister afterward. She is sick (again) and so I thought it would cheer her up if I called to tell her my little story, and she laughed hysterically and then told me how proud she was that
a) no one actually saw me and
b) I didn't fall on my face in front of Phil Vassar and embarrass her when we met him.

3 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Close call!

onescrappychick said...

*giggles*

Glad you had a good time!

StrangerDanger said...

Mmmmm...birthdays... :-)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...