Friday, August 05, 2005

Tagged again? Isn't there a cure for this?

thanks to John aka Shop Dungarees , this was fun but I have just spent FOREVER typing this up... and I can't think of anyone to tag except Shamus and Johnny, but I don't think either one of them will do this.......

10 years ago: I was still working full time, with a baby about to turn one year old, in a two bedroom house that was TOO SMALL. The baby was in a crib 3' from the desk/ computer etc. We added on the next fall and it was like a new house. Huge new family room, bigger kitchen, another bedroom... It was awesome. (Now, it's too small again!)

5 years ago: I was an overworked mother of two very young children. It's all a blur, I'm not remembering much, but my daughter was in first grade, and it was a struggle, and she ultimately repeated the grade. There were days when a worksheet took an hour and she'd cry for at least half that time in frustration because she knew she just didn't understand. I don't wish that kind of stuff on anyone.

1 year ago: I had heart surgery. I had never heard of a blog. The summer seemed so much longer than this one.

Yesterday: was 91 but with the humidity it felt like 97 and I already have discussed this

Tomorrow: hang out with my sister and her new boyfriend, who is a pal of mine from work that I *FINALLY* fixed her up with after years of trying now & then. Then for dinner we will go up to Saratoga

5 snacks I enjoy: chex mix, gummi bears, rippled chips with french onion dip, maple sugar candy, skittles. I hate chocolate, coconut and peanut butter so don't give me any of that crap.

5 bands/artists that I know the lyrics to most of their songs: Rob Thomas/matchbox twenty, Gloria Estefan, Faith Hill, Billy Joel, and Kelly Clarkson because my daughter plays her cd's all the time.

5 things I'd do with $100,000,000: pay off the mortagage so I could quit my job, invest for kiddo college bills, buy a new mustang, buy a cabin (with a big comfortable bed, and full bath with shower, Johnny you pain in the...) and a canoe, or have a Blogger reunion weekend up at Lake George and supply all the food, drinks, and accomodations

5 locations I'd like to run away to: England, Italy, California, Bermuda, and Las Vegas

5 bad habits I have: SWEARING, not being careful with money, not working as hard as I should, blogging too much, taking people for granted

5 things I like doing: shopping with my sister, making jewelry, scrapbooking, canoeing, drinking wine while I am eating those little frozen cream puffs you can buy in the supermarket 5 things I will never wear: acrylic nails, thong bikini (you're welcome), a poncho, leather pants, miniskirts...

5 TV shows I like: Desperate Housewives, Sex & the City, Survivor, Extreme Home Makeover, NYPD Blue, (and any good awards show where I can critique the fashions)

5 movies I like: Somewhere in Time, Spiderman 1 & 2, National Treasure, ... I don't see very many movies....

5 people I'd like to meet: eh... dunno... running out of steam here....

5 biggest joys at the moment: hugs from my daughter, a kiss on the cheek from my son where he presses really hard and holds my face, my soon-to-be niece or nephew will be here SOON, long lunches and long weekends with my rapidly growing family (can you tell my job is not my biggest joy? so, like, when I'm not there...)

5 favorite toys: my PC, my DVR, bread machine, my digital camera and scrapbook/ cardmaking stuff, and my tools to make jewelry

5 comments:

onescrappychick said...

Nice photo of you and Seamus over on Shop Dungeree's blog...

only comments I ever get are from spammers... lol how do you take them off?

Carly said...

If you are logged on and you go view the post individually (the page with only one blog entry plus the comments for that entry) you will see little trashcans.

onescrappychick said...

you rock..thanks!

Weary Hag said...

You had heart surgery? Egad, Carly.
One of my favorite movies is "Somewhere in Time" also! I didn't think anyone else cared for it that much.
Great responses ~ all of them.

John said...

Thanks for fulfilling the obligation. I liked your responses.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...