Sunday, August 07, 2005

Hounded

My son (almost 8) wants a dog.

No, make that he WANTS a dog.

He has the name already (Oscar) and knows that Oscar will sleep on his bed. I have tried to explain, Honey, Mom's at work most of the day and the dog would be lonely and who would walk him and bathe him and feed him?

"I would."

yeah.....

Today we were at Rite aid getting things like Q-Tips (genuine) and contact lens solution and random other little things and he picked out the chewy bone he will buy for his dog. He told the cashier "I'm getting a dog and I'm going to come back here and buy a leash and a bone and a dish for him."

She laughed at me. She knows I'm a goner. It won't be long before he wears me down.

You know, honestly, maybe having a dog wouldn't be so bad...

5 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Just remember, you can't put a diaper on a dog. And they WILL find the most expensive carpet / rug in your house.

If you do get a dog, you HAVE to pose it in a re-inactment of the picture on your blog.

Johnny Virgil said...

dogs smell bad.

Anonymous said...

dogs can be great, and can teach a kid how to be responsible. Puppies are real tough to train however, so it takes time. I'd recommend maybe a slightly older dog (1-2 yrs old??) who's had some training. But then again, look at me :-)

Brian said...

rite aid dog bone = made in china or some asian country = made of parts of dog and other animals. Don't buy them if they aren't made in the US.

Dogs are cool and when they are not you can yell or smack their butts without being worried of child services getting you in trouble.

John said...

don't get a dog. trust me

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...