Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Stingers

Instead of cooking dinner tonight I just ran.

I am frustrated, angry and discouraged about several things. Things that went on at school and work today. Things that are just WRONG.

I was all but called a liar TWICE for not "admitting" something I didn't even fucking know. I was sick, I wasn't in the loop and then I got crap for it. Twice, dammit.

And I am so worried about my friend, and upset by how complicated and confusing "simple" things can be

Midway through the park, it started to rain, of course. Pelting my face, a cold fall rain - not a warm gentle spring rain, which I love to run in. .

I couldn't do anything except keep running. It was like the universe was in agreement with me: "yeah, this all sucks".

Oddly enough, the rain comforted me. It hid the tears and kept the cheery walkers inside. (The ones with "how have you BEEN??!!" who don't see that today it's "not fucking great, I gotta run" )

And I ran and I ran and pounded it out and now I ache all over, especially my foot, but two minutes from now I will sleep soundly. And I didn't cough ONCE the entire time, until I STOPPED running. So there.


Carly(via Blackberry)

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

((((((hugs)))))))))

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...