Monday, October 20, 2008

And I hurt my back doing it

("That's what she said")*

So tonight at the meeting there was an hour long discussion of the side salads the VOLUNTEERS serve when they VOLUNTEER to help with the school lunch program, which is run entirely by unicorns.

And those unicorns volunteer.

To be specific (and some were SO exquisitely specific) the element that makes our program a living nightmare is the lettuce. Depending on who was speaking, the lettuce alone is boring or it is sheer insanity to consider adding ANY other vegetables to keep the lettuce company. (It is a salad mix. The lettuce actually isn't flying solo!!)

There is lettuce around for so long it goes bad -- but somehow simultaneously we are always out of lettuce.

Does your head hurt yet? Mine does. The capper was when someone said that one of the weekend prep people put the lettuce too high in the fridge and jammed it somewhere that it got icy and then mushy.

That would be me, and I hurt my back pulling 10 lb pans of ziti in and out and rearranging things five times and by golllyyy I did shove that last bag of lettuce in there up on top. Because there was no room anywhere else, with all that unicorn food in there.

It just goes to prove my motto:
No good deed goes unpunished.

*i can't stop. (That's what she said.)



Carly(via Blackberry)

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...