Saturday, October 04, 2008

It's JUST not my week

I was just getting to the good part of Survivor (if there is one, yawn) and my son came home with the Mr.

My son immediately brought me some school papers to sign, bumped into the folding "tv tray" table I was using, and knocked over my glass. Of red wine. All over my new family room rug.

I managed not to swear, but found myself saying his name over and over in one continuous wail of despair. Red freaking wine. On my new rug.

Luckily the Mr. has been drinking tons of club soda lately (to do me a favor by not having Coke or Pepsi in the house, at my insistence) and so about 5 or 6 cans later, the stain seems to be narrowly avoided. Junior washed the five or six towels we used to blot up can after can of soda, as his penance. I know he didn't MEAN it. Aiyeeeeeee.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...