Tuesday, October 14, 2008

and Vermont


The kiddos took a hike with Suzy & Him*.... this was D's contibution to the Give Mom a Nice Photo to Hang on her Ugly Cubicle Wall for her Birthday. I lovvvvve it. B had several other nice ones as well that I will get around to sharing soon.

I didn't really accomplish much myself yesterday. I was invited along for the trip to Vermont but didn't feel up to hiking and still had vague hope/ intentions of working on the mural. Haaaa. My back still hurts. Slow going. Stupid pans of ziti!!

I did get to a couple of stores over on the Road to run errands like picking up a new electric mattress pad cover, so I will have toasty heat rising up around me all winter while I sleep.

I also went over to check out the new giant bookstore in the mall, where I made an ass of myself - there is a raised platform where they sell coffee and goodies from the cheesecake factory... there is a hallway to the left of the display case full of cheesecakes that has a plaque saying "handicapped access" and I didn't comprehend... I thought the restrooms were there... so I wandered in there, DOWN THE SLOPING RAMP, and found myself walking out at another part of the bookstore, feeling like I had just followed PT Barnum's Egress sign. Silly girl. I mean, it's labelled, for crying out loud. The restrooms turned out to be WAY over on the other side of the store. I couldn't stop laughing at myself.

At that point it was pretty cloudy outside and I figured it was best to get home and keep the rest of the world safe from my critical thinking skills which are clearly not as sharp as my biorhythms might indicate.

*We like Him, very much, I am not using his name simply because I just don't think he knows about the blog so I don't know if he'd want his name splashed all over it for my 12 daily readers to see ;-)

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

That is a lovely photo. I hope your back is feeling better today.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...