Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Nuts

I am a little bit better today, it no longer feels like I'm being tasered when I try to do any dog tricks like sit, stand, or roll over. I'm not exactly sure what I did to my back, but I suspect it has something to do with resuming running (I am old) followed by trying to shove 10 lb pans of ziti into a school refrigerator two sizes too small. And juggling and moving the box of apples and the salad mix when I try to make everything fit, and perhaps the Hail Mary I seem to say every Sunday now during this part of the volunteering just wasn't sincere enough through my gritted teeth.

At any rate I am improved enough to be working from home today and experiencing what for me is a truly strange phenomenon. Someone brought a small candy-bar sized box of chocolate covered almonds home from school, left it on the counter. and I Can. Not. Leave. Them. Alone. Every chance I get, I hobble out there and nosh on one while the microwave re-warms my beanie heating pad.

To say the least, this is very unusual for me since all of my life I have endured everything from "that's so weird" to "are you communist?" when I mention that I don't like chocolate. At all.

3 comments:

onescrappychick said...

Glad your back is a little better. Take it easy and don't overdo it too much right away.

Johnny Virgil said...

Are you a weird communist?

Anonymous said...

I hold you totally responsible :) Last night start pain all across my upper back muscles. All I did was glue some wood together. ... well there is the getting old part! There should be a label of side effects like on a prescription bottle when - Going On 40 :)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...