Monday, October 20, 2008

Fainting goats

My back is once again operating pretty much as it normally does. Yeehaw. So, things are getting back to normal.

By "normal" I mean that today at lunch someone brought up Fainting Goats and I heard a secondhand story about Shop Dungarees' plans in the event of someday meeting redheaded twin midgets. (Just shake your head in quiet resigned bemusement along with me. Eat your lunch. ) At least I could laugh without back spasms. Awesome. I have to close this paragraph with one word to bring a joke up ONE last time and wring every last drop of humour out of it: Mahogany.

Yes, people talk. What they say doesn't always make sense. Especially if it's a political debate on national television. Badump bump.

People SAY they respect one another's opinions in this country, which is french for "Oh man, you are such an idiot, and why can't you understand my perfectly logical and correct argument?"

And in that vein, I have a PTA meeting tonight! What fun! I fully support the current team of officers, especially now that I am not one of them... (oh, my grammar is so poor today) ...but I feel an icky meeting coming on because people are so testy about The Election and The Economy and McCrappy Stocks (many now cost only a dollar) and other stuff that all sorts of things lead to bickerfests. My radar usually warns me about an oncoming storm - the funny part is I am always wrong about WHAT gets argued savagely about at these meetings, and it takes me off guard EVERY TIME.

So, I'm going to practice my impression of a fainting goat. Stiffen up, and then fall over. ("That's what she said." )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop hanging out with future snowbirds.

Anonymous said...

And MAHOGONY isn't just a tree ... there may still be some wood involved!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...