Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Dear universe

Stop it. Seriously. My annoyance threshold has been exceeded.

How am I supposed to give my family a Rockwellian Xmas when I can't get them to grasp simple housekeeping concepts and keep things in order so I am free to do the fabulousness?

Exhibit a: floors need to be swept so that one can't crawl around the perimeter of my kitchen work triangle and identify several of our family's recent meals. (I resisted the urge to put air quotes around "meals" because I do still actually cook at least 4 or 5 nights a week)
I have that cute little electric broom/ vac that I bought from my friend's bridal registry, so there's no excuse.
(What? I mean yes, I took the last one in the store, but it's not like I checked it off on her list....)

Exhibit B: that thing? That you put water and soap and clothes in? There's a Thing right next to it. The clothes need to go THERE too. You can actually STILL hear the tv from that very spot, don't worry.

Exhibit C: if you know you need to bring YOUR backpack into the house while you are bringing in groceries then why is MY tote bag still in the trunk? (Ps: dear boss, I can't get to work yet because my laptop is frozen. Sorry! )


Carly(via Blackberry)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditto! And ya wonder where my hair went. I'm lucky I still have eyebrows! :)

Anonymous said...

How about ignoring a basket of clean clothes in their bedroom and give the excuse of "I didn't they were mine." Love those kids...

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...