Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I can't stand the rain


... is a new song on Seal's new album, Soul, which took forever to download from iTunes, but is sooooooo worth it. At first I thought it was ALL videos (I'm easily confused these days) since only the "video version" is available today, so I was bummed because unlike my children, I can't play videos on my iPod.
But there are enough songs that will go on my ANCIENT music box to be oh, so worth it. He has the perfect voice to deliver the "I wasn't ready for it to be over" blues that fill up this album. I don't know who the bandmembers are who back him up, but it better not be digital/fake because they make me want to drag my kids out to the computer to say "THIS IS WHY MOMMY MAKES YOU PRACTICE."

My other two favorite songs so far are If You Don't Know Me By Now, and I've Been Loving you Too Long. And, well, It's Alright, and Knock on Wood. And Here I am.... click, people. Buy it.
Then wander on over here to read the bio where I found the awesome photo above.


I can't stand the rain
against my window
bringing back sweet memories
'Cause you're not here with me....

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...