Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday Art - I love a parade?

I really do? I really ENJOY our hokey little "it takes five blocks to cover the whole parade route" town Christmas parade?

I do.

Thanks to those "warm it" chemical packs, in my shoes and my gloves (I was rubbing kids' cold noses all night, with my magic hot mittens). Thanks to sinus medicine (that's WORKING!!!!) and a big puffy coat that is basically a giant down quit with sleeves.

And kids throwing candy and riding on the school float* saying over and over 'don't throw so much at once, don't throw so hard, don't throw at their faces' while the kids sing one verse of Jingle Bells over and over and over.

And thanks to firemen with a vintage truck all tricked out. And park lights that all come on at once, and are glorious.

Did I say glorious? I did. That's what happens when you get seven hours of continuous sleep after sleeping like crap for three weeks straight. Things are glorious.



*Wait - you didn't think I *WALKED* five whole blocks, did you?

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

LMAO.. I was impressed. Glad you are feeling better. Our town's thing is on the 14th..

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...