Tuesday, November 11, 2008

on holiday


this is from here, and is apparently on exhibit at The Museum of Modern Art, and was painted by Jasper Johns.
It's my token attempt to stop and remember all of the soldiers who have served us and continue to do so. It's not even remotely enough, but it's all I can do today.
Things like groceries, laundry, and catchup on desk work seem too pedestrian to do on "a mini vacation" but if it weren't for bank holidays, the stuff that I do for my children's school would swallow up every minute of my nonworking non sleeping time. Come to think of it, I may need to give up sleeping soon.
I am longing for the day that I can send them up to high school and be an UNinvolved parent. I have so many projects of my OWN waiting. It will either be next year, or two years yet. We will see, in the spring.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...