Monday, November 03, 2008

Fall

So. I have been drinking again. Box of wine in the house. Friday. Saturday. Sunday. Now tonight too, and it's definitely not the weekend anymore.
.
Certainly I realize that two glasses of wine a day is, well, not dramatic, and I mean no offense to those people who have a problem more real than what I'm fretting about.

But it's a bad habit trying to return and I don't want it. I want to be a shiny happy person, not someone who drinks because she's upset with some thing or someone in my life.

I drove to work this morning noticing that the trees are almost all bare now. It's hard to take, because this time they were especially beautiful.

I am trying to surrender to the inevitability, the end of the glory of summers. Trying to remember that yes, fall comes and things die, but they return to life in the spring. Maybe the same things, or pehaps maybe new things.

I just have to make it through the winter.


Carly(via Blackberry)

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...