Monday, November 24, 2008

Save the music

I was all discombobulated today.

My car inspection sticker was ALMOST up and in swapping cars around and leaving the car at my friend's dealership, I forgot my Sirius radio. So I was tuneless. Sniffle. Local radio sucks. It really does.

Next I discovered that I had left my iPod home, which is a disaster for me. When I need to FOCUS on something for an extended period of time at work, I play one of my "white noise songs" with ocean waves (one is a the roar of the ocean crashing up on sand, and one is the ocean waves crashing against rocks and there is a wind chime softly blowing in a breeze).

I'm in a cubicle farm so there are 20 conversations around me at any given time. I can't complain, I am close enough to a window that I can step out of my office and see the trees and the sky just outside.

So I played Seal's new album a couple of times. It was not quite the ocean... but it got me through the football talk. I also scammed a cd from my friend's cube. It was songs that I had compiled to help her try to figure out what to use for her first dance at her wedding. (Yes, I made her a mix tape. Lame, I know. I did mix in some totally cheesetastic songs as a joke. )

Tonight my plans consist of sitting on the couch in my sweats watching Dancing with the Stars. And no, I don't want that skinny model to win. Women who look like that after having a baby annoy me ;-) There will be bonbons, and maybe even strawberries if I can wait for it all to defrost. Earthshattering, isn't it? Gotta love a holiday week!

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...