Sunday, November 30, 2008

Smile, dammit

This is our Christmas card setup, more or less. I centered everything a bit more between the two windows (as I write this, it is snowing just a bit) and moved the xmas tree because it was sticking straight up out of Mr's head in the first try.

It drove me crazy to get the picture exposed right, because I really don't have proper lighting. Also the fireplace was on so it got HOT.

Then when I started the self timer on D's new camera it made this "woooop wooop" sound with each flash of the red light. The first few shots were ruined by our hysterical laughter.

WoopwoopwoopwoopFLASH! We had no chance.

Then we had to turn off a certain basketball game of local interest. But now it's done, we have a shot we all agreed on, uploaded and ordered.

I am a huge fan of Snapfish photo cards. For years now I don't bother buying "real" cards. Sorry, Hallmark. I just get photo cards and send them to everyone.

PS: Did you notice the fireplace is FINALLY stained? Yaaaay. It's a more even color than it would seem from this photo. (I need a real camera and a good flash system).

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

how homey... I actually made my own cards again this year, after vowing to do it the last 2 and not... just need to get em mailed out.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...