Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend wrapup

I went to a party on Saturday. A group of people started singing Java Jive. It was an arrangement that I knew and I wanted to jump in but I was waaaay on the other side of the crowded room. Still fun. I took some shrimp wrapped in bacon and covered in teriyaki. I didn't crisp up the bacon enough but they were still gone quickly.

I painted some of the grass on the mural. Didn't like it at first but it's growing on me, no pun intended.

I started my Christmas shopping. I spent so much on the Vera Bradley clearance of old patterns that my credit card tried to decline. Oops! (I bought some stuff for my daughter then went back for some for Moi- I got a bag for $30 and a bunch of pieces that matched the bag, for $10 each)

I was a bit bummed that the Chef Jeff project is over, because I don't think Adam walked through the door that was wide open in front of him and that breaks my heart a little.

I went to see my mom. The visit went really well. We bonded over a Swiss Colony catalog, of all things. I am making this rocking cake for christmas dinner that we saw in the catalog and deconstructed together. (White cake torted with almond, raspberry, buttercream, etc. It looks insanely good. ) The best thing was that my daughter noticed how good we got along and more or less said "hey, that was nice..."

I did not sleep enough this weekend. I drank a BIT too much. I have almost no food in my house. The laundry is not quite caught up. Oops. I am taking a half day today to sneak off to Suzy's. All my work will still be there tomorrow.


Carly(via Blackberry)

1 comment:

Torrid Pickle said...

Oooo...you should take a picture of the cake (one from the catalog you based your project on and one of the finished cake) to show us your work. I'm always curious to see how people make these treats their own. You've inspired me, but I don't think I'll be able to fake my favorite Swiss Colony treat - the turkey truffles. (They are adorable!!!!)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...