Saturday, November 08, 2008

Let the good times roll

I snuck out of work ten minutes early yesterday because I couldn't bear it anymore. Starting today I have four glorious days off.

What actually prompted the sneaking out was Suzy and The Boyfriend calling to say they were heading to my house to hang out with my kids, who had a half day and got out at noon. So there was wine, excellent lasagna (if I say so myself) and other food and some not so proper jokes. (Half a glass of wine, and Suzy's filter falls right off. It's awesome.)

Tonight I will put on my LBD and go to a fundraiser gala I can not quite afford to be at. It's splendiferous when you get a seat based on (Mr.'s) company donated tickets! To make it even better I already know at least 3 other couples who will be there and just to be clear... there will be wine, perhaps even champagne, because tomorrow is my birthday, and my boss has already made me promise to come find her and dance, because both of our husbands tend to sit out.

Tomorrow I will be having the "family get together" dinner with my niece and nephew as the most exciting part for me. Sorry adults, you all have some issues. Just hand me the cute baby and nobody has to get hurt.

Then I have two days of playing with my scrapbook stuff, eating fudge, working on the mural and having a marathon of The Office.

Later, kiddies!!

2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

let me be the first to wish you a very Happy Birthday. Hope you had fun tonight... and enjoy your days off.

crystal wolf said...

Happy Birthday!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...