Friday, November 21, 2008

Morning

So. It's morning.

Not a great morning for me; I was awake long past 1:00 A.M. Thinking about an extended family member who popped up a scary little medical issue yesterday, thinking about work, thinking about money, worrying that I'm getting another sinus infection or wheee, maybe it's strep, and why won't this sore throat show its face during the day when I could call the doctor. No, just when I lie on my pillow.

Now I have to suck it up and find jeans that fit and get through a long day. The jeans are a happy problem; so many of them are TOO BIG now. When you can pull jeans off without opening the button or zipper, you're getting somewhere.

Work, housework, volunteering. Tonight, at an elementary school dance. Loud music and 13 year olds with drama and my son dancing his first dance with a girl, perhaps. A full plate after a lot of tossing and turning and thinking about all the committments on that plate. I would rather have my head on the pillow - obviously ...


but it's morning.

*"That’s the thing about morning. It eventually comes and when it does, your life and the people in it, who you’ve become, decisions you’ve made either look good by the light of day or just illuminate how far off course you’ve gone."

(*much more here on the Grey Matter blog)

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...