Friday, January 04, 2008

Apparently

...apparently it IS Friday already.

I want these trees down, and I want them down now. Would someone please come steal them out of my house? Take the cookies too.

It's so cold that yesterday at work I had a fleece sweatshirt over my wool sweater and turtleneck. I *DO* have a desk job. In a glass building.

Rhetorical question: If you have a "hostage situation"/ domestic dispute, is it really helped by paparazzi photographers circling overhead in helicopters? I have to think it's not. But if you don't want all of the parasites around you, wouldn't you make yourself scarce after about 9 pm??

Speaking of late in the evening, my daughter told me at about 7 pm last night that she needed data on our family (names of parents, siblings, etc,) going back to my great grandparents. For today. Nice. I think I erased the existence of some of those older generation siblings because I couldn't bear all of the branches. They'll get me for that when I get to the pearly gates. Sorry, Uncle Merle and Aunt Maude.

I went to the faculty Christmas party this evening. Yes, we're broke, so we do it after the holidays. It's ok. We go to a better restaurant that way. I have to confess I cheated during the trivia game; I googled (on my blackberry) to figure out the name of the rabbit in Frosty. (Hocus Pocus, of course) The kindergarten teacher leading the game was pretty ticked at me.

It's just a thrill a minute here...

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...