Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Snowbank Hurdles

Well, it was 60 degrees today. :::blink::: In January, in the Northeast. Go global warming!!!! (Just kidding. Maybe. )There is still a bit of snow here and there, a few renegade snowbanks, but not very much. There were puddles.

It took quite a bit of doing but I went for a run outside today, for about half an hour (don't be too impressed, half of it was walking). I had to sneak out of work five minutes early, race to the supermarket, run around getting a bunch of crap I can't recall now that somehow added up to almost $100, race over to school, practically drag the kids to the car by their ankles, bark orders all the way home ("carry the groceries in and then put the cold stuff in the fridge, don't leave them all over the table, especially not the frozen stuff...." etc) , make a supergirl lightning fast change, and then leaving as soon as they'd taken all the stuff into the house.

I had a VERY bright, XL yellow tshirt on so that drivers could see me, and sweat pants. No coat! It was awesome. I did hills. (I did NOT run up hills, I walked up, but I ran down those damn hills and on all the flat parts. ) It was so nice to run outside. I think the last time I really did was when that damn big dog chased me last summer and I pulled a muscle in my hip. Bah! At any rate, a winter sunset over bare trees and a frozen pond is pretty damn beautiful.

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

HOORAH for wacky weather patterns. Wasn't it lovely? We had too much snow to start with.. it's still a winter wonderland out here.. but maybe an inch or two LESS of it. YAY

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...