Wednesday, January 02, 2008

If only I could eat Christmas cookies for a living


So I learned how to take an image, use letters to make a mask, etc. The book I'm using is by Barry Beckham, Lark Books. I'm doing something wrong though, can't get the letters as big as I want. I'm missing something. Maybe someday I can make a page header that's the right size & shape. Haha.
Today my day went slightly better than yesterday. I'm starting a daily log of the things one of my coworkers SHOULD fix, but doesn't care about. (Snicker) I bet I can make an entry every day this year at work.

I had a nice lunch. Then I went to get my glasses fixed (yes, the glasses I got IN MAY are broken, one side just completely snapped apart, and it will cost $50 and I'm pissed because it's not like I'm in 5th grade and wearing them to gym class to play dodgeball.... ahem....)

After work I played with photoshop again and did this





It's a little babe whose mom I know... I merged two pictures and took out some background stuff. (Here's where I get hard on myself and nitpicky - her face was dubbed in from another photo, I didn't exactly place it very carefully. No neck! I rebuilt the bonnet the easy way by cloning some nearby samples of color and smudged it, then I copied one sleeve over to the other side - a little too high- picky again - but better than it looked before because someone in a black dress was holding her in the original photo.)
It's all a wee bit sloppy because I didn't have a high density image of the main picture to start with, and so I was mainly playing and figuring out how to do things and I didn't zoom in very much. So to hide that (hah!) I put on the watercolor filter. It made me forget a couple of things for an hour so that was good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

$50? Wha? What kinda jacked up optical shop do you go to that doesn't have a year frame warranty? -p

Carly said...

MFG warranty is 30 days. I have lousy insurance so additional warranty's not covered. It's been so long since I wore glasses that I didn't think I'd need the warranty. Oh well.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...