Thursday, January 10, 2008

It just screams Ireland, among other things

How can you not buy this shoe, for only $26? WTF?!! I can't imagine ANYONE wanting or wearing a shoe like this. And I know you don't ACTUALLY wear this shoe. I get that. I don't understand why people collect miniature shoes, but that is another post entirely. Will this work in the potato fields? I can't see it. Keep in mind, I don't have that "go shopping for shoes" gene.

In no particular order, here are my other thoughts today:

  • Grey's is on tonight! They have ONE new episode, from what I think I heard. I'm so confused. I'm also greatly pained by having to watch Celebrity Apprentice and that horrible combover, just to see Trace Adkins, who I love.
  • Today was a hell of a day. I really wanted to get in my car and drive over to visit a person I was conducting business with. One punch. That's all I wanted.
  • I burned off some stress at lunch (yes, Andy, I'm blogging this) because we discussed the Wascally Wabbit, which is not kid-friendly, and I googled it on my Blackberry. Fortunately I sit with people who are fine with me waving around the search hit and saying things like "Only 3 AA batteries?" and "read the warning !!!" which talks about swelling and inflammation and other freaking hilarious text that was meant to be Very Serious.
  • Someone also spoke disparagingly to me about a school lunch program today, saying "It's all carbs and fat" followed by an eyeroll. I dunno. A slice of nice fresh bread, slabbed with butter? I'm all for it. Cheesecake with graham cracker crust? Amen. Oh I know, nutrition, brain food, blah blah blah.
  • I don't WANT to cook dinner, but I have to now. Yes, right now. Sigh.

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

it screams.. gaudy. And that is all.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...