Monday, January 14, 2008

More practice

So I was in A Mood today, since we SHOULD have had a snowday and were cheated of same.


I took a picture on my blackberry on the way to work. When I actually looked at it, it was rather mediocre. I won't even show you, it's that lame.



Here it is photoshopped to "underpainting" which makes it look better but not the snowy fluffy picture I'd hoped for. (Click to see it a bit bigger).



Then I tried rough pastels (they were actually pretty mean....sorry about that joke, it's been a long day....) and it was still not really what I had in mind.




My last attempt was Craquelure which looks comical to me somehow, but I liked the effect on the snow...




I'm quitting for the night. Bye!

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

seriously... you want some of the snow we got today.... (I'm so sick of shoveling)???

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...