Saturday, January 05, 2008

Baby steps

This morning (early in the morning) my phone rang and a delicate little voice said "Aunt (Carly), I did potty". I proceeded to shout with delight in the manner that only someone who has potty trained their OWN kids can really understand. You NEED your child to get that kind of reaction from someone, when you finally wrestle the child onto the throne and they hit the target. Someone else's over-the-top glee is absolutely required to convince your child that this really IS a big deal and not just something Mom is bugging me about.

On my own page of accomplishments, I actually GOT ON THE TREADMILL AND RAN today. Can't remember the last time that happened. I had Christmas, being sick, and a raft of other excuses.

I walked for half a mile, ran half a mile, then walked a half mile. I'm not exactly ready for a marathon yet, but it did feel good to run.

In 147 more days I'll be racing. Twenty one weeks. So if someone wouldn't mind phoning me and shouting "You are such a good girl Carly! I am so proud of you!" and carrying on a bit, I would really appreciate it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps that little one could make a phone call to my little guy and let him know how exciting it is to use the potty. We're getting there, but it seems very slow going, and, as is the case with nearly everything, it depends on his mood for the day.

Great job on the running - sounds like a great start to getting where you need to be! Thanks for stopping by my little space - I look forward to reading more from you.

onescrappychick said...

You go girl!!!! One day at a time...

onescrappychick said...

Oh, and BTW.. I would be happy to call you up that day and carry on...

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...