Saturday, January 12, 2008

Two thoughts

#1
Something Suzy said the other day when I was panicking about by mile long todo list made me stop and think later. She said "You'll ALWAYS have a list" and I know that, but I didn't know it. I can't relax about it. I impose very unrealistic expectations on myself.

Scrapbooking is a funny thing. Many scrappers are vigilant about "keeping up" on their photos and working backward through the times before they became a scrapper. I am much more realistic about my goals when it comes to scrapping because it's a HOBBY for me, to have FUN and relax. So if I go to a crop (like I did the other night) and only sort pictures (just got 200 from snapfish) that's OK. Why can't I give myself a break like that, when it comes to all of the home management stuff and the PTA work I have? The voice gets going, "this isn't done, that isn't done" and Suzy has pointed out to me that the stress seemed to double after I took on the PTA role. Can't WAIT until the end of June.

#2
Too many choices paralyze and spoil. I first realized this with scrapbooking. I have hundreds of stickers. They're semi-sorted, but I have too many too use because I was a junkie for a while and collected them like crazy. I don't take the time to go through the books to pick out something that will work for a particular page because I have too many to carry around with me.

I have a sirius radio, an ipod, and now I have a blackberry to play with. Too much. Spoiled! I got my daughter the new cellphone (her first) and she talked me into a ringtone, then she asked me for wallpaper (no, take an effing photo and use that) and then a game (which part of I'm not buying any more this month don't you understand?) Spoiled!

I could go on... too many cookbooks. So many movies in this house, the kids watch them maybe 1x or 2x and then never again. But the relatives keep giving. I need to start an Ebay account.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...