Monday, September 03, 2007

I come back, fire

...is what my unbearably cute 2 yr old neice started saying, when we brought her inside after a small backyard fire in my fire pit. Repeated, fifty times before she left, and then immediately upon seeing me at church the next day.

I went for a run today!!!

Well, about 5 minutes of running and 25 of walking. The running is not good, my leg still feels really tight (it doesn't help that I semi-reinjured it Wednesday dragging my garbage can out to the street - it tipped and I braced myself wrong and felt a burning in my upper quad. Damn damn damn.)

I will see how it goes but this is not looking good for the Komen run on October 6. I may have to hang up my running shoes with only ONE! race under my belt.

2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

how cute!

take care of your leg!!

Sgt said...

Sorry to hear about the leg. Don't tear anything. Better to just walk to keep up with your exercise than mess something up really bad.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...