Sunday, September 23, 2007

Why?

Last night I went to a relatively new hibachi style restaurant in C.Pk. We were all seated (nine family members) and had ordered drinks. In strolls a local meteorologist (SL from channel 6) and gets seated with a couple of friends. Their half of the square proceeds to get served before us all evening. (Weather guy, wrong 50% of the time trumps two birthday kids?)

They got the better chef too. We got the guy who COULDN'T do the utensil tricks (shot a spatula right at my baby) , couldn't flip the egg into his hat, dropped an eggshell all over the cooking surface.... etc. Oh, and tossed broccoli over my son's head, not in his mouth, and couldn't do the flaming onion trick right. At least it all tasted good. He's definitely not an iron chef.

***

Somehow the hour-long premiere of the Office is on opposite the hour-long premiere of Gray's Anatomy on Thursday night. Damn. Yes, I have a DVR, but still.

***


Went to see Sidney White today.... (following is spoilers, if you plan on seeing the movie...)


Now, I went to see it with a half dozen teenage girls. To be "cool" (and so I could potentially nap) I did not sit WITH them. Good thing, because this movie made me cry about four times. Yes, officially, I'm pathetic. The main character misses her dead mom and she goes to the college where her mom went and pledges her Mom's sirority but they're mean, and she's kicked out and sits sobbing on the curb in the rain because she let her mother down and oh, my god.

(The whole "Mom not there" angle inexplicably killed me. Either because I have my own mom issues or because I can't believe how big my kids are already and I never really read them bedtime stories and now they're practically in college. OK my son is 10 but whatever.)

But she's plucky and finds her own way and learns to Be Herself... ugh. Heavy on the schmaltz but contains funny parts too. Because I'm three TIMES thirteen it was not for me. .. but the girls DID hear me laugh from where they were sitting, when one of the seven guys said "Hi ho" to the sirority prez. If you're lost, it's loosely based on Snow White and the campus dorks are the seven dwarfs living in a run down cottage and, oh, I have a headache. Who OK'd this movie? Preeeeedictable. I hate Amanda Byne's delivery style too.

***

Why isn't it Friday?

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...