Saturday, September 08, 2007

Annoyingly perfect and cute all at the same time





Suzy's second attempt (I thought she was using MY pan, but she was actually making royal icing butterflies. They don't like to be "dried" in a faintly warm oven, by the way (heh), which would be the demise of round 1. )

The middle is a 5" round layer cake covered in fondant. If you've seen the precolored Wilton fondant pack that comes with pink, yellow, blue, & green, the green piece covered that cake nicely. The rest are flat top cupcakes (the wicked part of me says "what, no piped grass on the cupcakes?" but that's just because my eyes are green with envy). It's awesome, isn't it?

I have some old-school cake decorating books. Hardcover, hardcore (one book goes through every one of the 50 states and shows the state flower a la royal icing.) She's working through them. Oh yes, those butterflies ARE 3-D.

Rock on! She's going to help me with Child1's birthday cake (for "friends party"),

If I can ever win the damn lottery, we're opening a custom bakery called Sweet Charlotte. I'll do concepts and take orders, she'll execute flawlessly.

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

I'd drive out there to visit your shop... or maybe when I win powerball.. I'll buy my lake house out your way. Those are cute. I bet they were tasty.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...