Thursday, September 27, 2007

Only two at once?

I would love to know who designed a DVR that can ONLY record two shows at once. You even have to be watching one of those two shows! (Or something that you already recorded.)

Keeping in mind that I know I'm complaining about nothing, because I had to Google* for an image of my dad's old Underwriter typewriter when my 10 year old couldn't fathom what I was talking about, here is what I tried to watch on tv last night:

  • Back to you - saw it, but couldn't focus, was doing dishes. Some running joke about killing goldfish. The guy who got tasered stole the show. When he was eating soup I was dying.
  • Till Death - saw it, but by then I was trying to finish laundry, and couldn't focus. Not sure I thought it was funny, a little too "King of Queens" for me, where the husband is a moron and his wife outsmarts him all of the time. AKA "How did that lunk marry such a babe?"
  • Dancing with the stars - on DVR, didn't really see it, but did run in to the other room at 9 pm to see who got the boot
  • Kitchen nightmare - on my dvr now, hopefully the approaching thunderstorm won't erase it. My son watched this - I was in the other room
  • Bionic woman - on my dvr - heard it was no good.
  • Private practice - watched in my bedroom on a 2nd tv - was VERY disappointed. See below...
  • Dinner impossible - on DVR - usually like this show, haven't seen last night's yet
  • Top chef - watched realtime, love them, kind of knew who would get the boot, have been expecting it for a while now. Still want Casey to win, or Dale, NOT HUNG. Egomaniac.

...there you have it, six and a half hours compressed into 3 hours of realtime. They're killing me.

Private practice: oh, so many flaws. It didn't help that the guy was in handcuffs on a bed in the first scenes and I had to explain THAT to my 13 year old. (I was tired, so it went pretty much like this: "Um, yeah. People sometimes like to do that when they're having sex. Don't do that. It's creepy and weird, you might regret it!" - - definitely not my best sex ed work. )

Why is Addison suddenly a flake, dancing in front of an open window naked, or a sheer curtain? Why wouldn't the girl's father have ever mentioned "by the way, her mother died _____ . The sperm fight? It's been done. And I just couldn't figure out at first what was going on with the counting lady, but I wasn't really interested in finding out. I have pretty much scratched this off my to-do list. Except for that one fabulous attribute.

Taye Diggs, ladies. What a physique -- Christmas AND your birthday alllll rolled up into one.

*What's with the pinyata on the google logo today??

5 comments:

onescrappychick said...

LOL It's Google's 9th birthday. If you hold your mouse over odd Google Images.. it tells you what they are there for.

As for Private Practice.. I'll give it two more weeks.. and if I still don't like it.. I'm going back to the Unit.

elizabeth kartchner said...

loved reading the random things about you on my blog!! made me smile:)

emmay said...

Bionic Woman sucked. WE deleted it after twenty minute of trying to watch , and then fast forwarding to some of the cooler action scenes. But even they're not worth wasting the space on my TiVo Won't be watching again.

shoes said...

the bionic woman was great. take a look at the show "life" . i thought it was good

Sgt said...

I love your explanation for the handcuffs. Then again, you are the one who was able to explain to your daughter Pink's lyrics "You and Your Hand Tonight". I might have had an aneurysm.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...