Wednesday, September 12, 2007

this takes


...the cake

this would be the cake my daughter wants for her birthday party (six guests... not 94).
At least it's not HARD or anything. Yes, Johnny, there is fondant there. But I might do the cake in buttercream. If I smooth out the sides and chill them good... I dunno.

It's from the Wilton yearbook for 2008. (I have quite a few, going back to 1978. Oh yes, I do.)
On other fronts, I am planning a road trip to abuse Duff in December. Actually I'm just going to ask him WHY SO MUCH FONDANT???

8 comments:

emmay said...

Is that paisley...excellent! When's the party...I assume I'm on the guest list?

Carly said...

You must be 13!! ;-)

onescrappychick said...

Wow. I give you credit.. I would've laughed until my sides hurt, and then bought a cake somewhere else. That's beautiful though.. B has good taste!

Johnny Virgil said...

I *act* 13. Does that count?

Anonymous said...

If you made your fondant you'd understand. Mines quite nice. -p

Carly said...

Yeah, Johnny, just what we need, you + six girls that age.

ahem.

Pol, if SOMEONE gave me a recipe then maybe I might make fondant.

ahem.

By the way I don't think I said this but Daughter knows it will be ONE layer that looks vaguely like the top of this.

Sgt said...

My kids are never allowed to go to any party you host. I just can't be held to those types of standards in birthday cakes!

david hayes said...

That girl has expensive tastes.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...