Sunday, September 30, 2007

Vintage

There was a very charming older man at our church. He was the "head" usher and organized everyone each week. He was always dressed to the nines, suit and tie. He would tool up to church in a snazzy little convertible, and tell you about what a great cook his wife is.

Recently he passed away rather suddenly after a very brief illness. His sweet wife decided to take his collection of silk ties and select one for each of the ushers. This is the one we got. It's green, because Mr. C is Irish.

I'm thinking we need to organize a day where all of the recipients wear their ties to mass, to celebrate him.

4 comments:

shoes said...

that is a great idea. it reminds me of when my father was alive. he had a blue and green plaid suit. it sure was ugly but he liked it. when he died i wanted him buried in it but the man at the funeral home tried to talk me out of it. i told him its what everyone saw him in...if he had worn a black suit nobody would recognize him. everyone loved it at the viewing

onescrappychick said...

what a beautiful idea.

Anonymous said...

It's a nice idea.

But that tie looks like it's from Area 51.

I'm just sayin.

I have a tie that looks like it was from the 80s, since it was.
-E

Anne said...

In a psychedelic sort of way - that is a beautiful tie. I would have loved to hear the story behind that tie and maybe all the ties.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...