Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What's more fun

... than a bag of maggots?


Suzy had a bag of candy melts (the kind you use to make cute shaped molded candies; you buy it at cake decorating stores)

It was still closed, but about a year old, and she came across it today. A closer look revealed it was moving. It was trying to get away. The little tiny wormy guys were munching on chocolate. Lots and lots of little tiny wormy things, undulating in the bag.

We just spent a few minutes trying to creep each other out about "what if the bag had burst?"

***


My kids were telling me that their school is LOADED with spiders. Apparently the spotlights illuminating it at night are drawing bugs, and that draws big spiders, and they're in the rollup maps and the overhead projector screens and just about everywhere else. Fun fun fun!

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

OMG. I don't mind most all insects/spiders/what have you. I can NOT deal with maggots. They totally wig me out. We had some in our outside trash barrel (we only have 1) last summer, and the Boy dumped and cleaned it.. and the grass is lush and green in the spot he hosed out the barrel with. Makes you wonder!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...