Wednesday, September 05, 2007

whether I want to or not

I've learned to listen when people tell me something that apparently doesn't pertain to me. Because sure enough, otherwise it bites me in the "but".

example: Friend says "Store X has a great price on school uniforms! I didn't think they would have my son's size, but they did. It's right downtown." This did not mean anything to me since I asked the boys in my house in July AND August "Does Kid need new uniforms?" and got told "nope" both times.

Yesterday I was feeling contrary, and said "uh, go put your uniform on and show me." When I stopped being annoyed at how badly it fit him, and the phrase "But I thought these were okay"... I remembered Friend's glowing review. Guess where I was today? Yes, little Miss "I make lists to stay super organized" had to trot downtown after work to buy... uniforms. The day before school starts. Can't even tell you how annoying that was.

Got anything random to tell me that I need to know?

2 comments:

Sgt said...

Sergio's resturant on Rt 9 has excellent Italian food. It's family style too!

Sgt said...

"restaurant"
Oi.. too early for spelling.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...