Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Fish and rain

The light and the dark sides of my brain:

I realized this morning when I was putting MORE ammonia reducing drops in the fishbowl that the reason they get so agitated when I do that is that they think they're getting FOOD. I don't think he's been feeding them. So sorry, Finn. Welcome to your new home.



I heard Purple Rain this morning on the way to work. Stop and think about the vast number of songs you have heard in your lifetime.

Funny, isn't it, how any one specific old song can take you so far back. PR was playing while I had that last horrible conversation with my first college boyfriend. (So cliche but strictly bad timing and the fact that I played the entire soundtrack every day of my sophomore year.)

When the song was over, we were too. It was LITERALLY half a lifetime ago but when I listened to that song today I could still feel it, the first time my heart got broken as something of an adult. Not talking about high school crushes here. This man was about to graduate and I wanted to build a life with him.

So it sucks - that moment when you realize that all of the dreams you had are crashing down around you because that other person just does not feel the same way.

No point in dwelling on it any more. Another song came on, and then another.
Carly(via Blackberry)

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...