Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Idiot magnets

I am busy punking people at work today.

Management hid plastic eggs with candy and prize slips inside, scattered by the dozens around our work area.

Well, some people went around and stripped the floor bare before 8:30 a.m. Greedy. Uh, it's very small denomination gift cards, folks. Are we in THIRD GRADE?

So I managed to get my hands on a few (from the bin out by the elevator where everyone returned the empty eggs) and then type up some slips like "sorry, all the prizes were taken by people who get to work earlier than you do" and hid NEW eggs in my friend's cubicles.

Also some jokes... "this is worth one dress down day on the saturday of your choice" and a satire on our potential offshoring of some jobs. That one could have gone either way, but it turned out that people laughed.

My last one was given to people very critical of our CEO , mr X - it said "Just ask yourself, 'what would X do? " ) a la WWJD .... this was inspired by someone ranting about how by doing this game we are celebrating Easter, even though we aren't supposed to celebrate religious holidays, and what we really need is Jesus in our building (... cue me, late for a meeting oh dear....)

Later in the day the admin sent out a note saying "there are still two gift cards that haven't been found" and about 20 people went crazy, looking. I just wanted to say "Go back to work. Quit ravaging the potted plant outside my office. Don't you think anyone looked there? It's 3pm. Get a life."

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...