Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Haven't You Always Wanted A


MONKEY???

Who says money can't buy happiness? Or at least, a funny silicone potholder. Get it here.

I really wanted this fountain but they didn't have one in the store so I settled, big time, for this because my previous one (much plainer) met an unfortunate demise, when the cord was behind the toaster oven at the WRONG time.

My cashier helpfully told me that fountains drive her crazy, because they always make her want to pee. Um, just guessing, but that's maybe why you're in retail, honey. When I have thoughts like that I blog them, I don't say them to people I don't know.

(Insert brief pause here, while I am begging forgiveness of Marco, Poly, and other SMART people who can tell far too many Customers From Hades stories)

I also (see: shopping as therapy) bought a Yankee jar candle because when I'm in B3, they leap into my cart. I was having fun windowshopping for my fantasy condo (none of my immediate family members except Suzy would be allowed to visit) and then I spied another school mommy.

SO, ...I hid.

Because, PTA stuff can get wonky on you out of nowhere (you can't please all the people all the time) and because I had a monkey in my shopping cart.

I may need to take a sharpie and darken his eyes and nose. Just because, that's who I am.

Top Chef on tonight! Yay!

1 comment:

Sgt said...

You know what they say, a monkey in the cart beats one on the back.

...

...

OK.. I made that up.

Why is it cashiers always want to insert their assessment of items your buying? Then they balk when I make smart ass comments back. Like the time I was buying condoms and the lady smirks and says "I know what your doing tonight" and I replied "yeah! Fishing. These make hella good lures"

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...