Tuesday, March 18, 2008

If I were a matchmaker

...I would like to track down a couple of people and introduce them.

Let me digress. I write this blog as a source of personal expression/entertainment/distraction/ etc. There are a couple of people I KNOW read it, and will stay with me no matter what random topics I stray to. So, a little bit, this blog is for them too, as a "hi" tool, because I try to comment on some of the things that are actually going on in my life at various points in time, or make little jokes that only they will get.

Now, I am happy to have visitors who don't know me. But also slightly mystified about the whole idea that people (including ME) will go and read a blog written by someone they've never met. Then we all click away, on to the next one, usually without commenting. It's all very curious to me.

Wondering who was visiting and what brought them to my blog keeps me awake at night. No, I'm kidding. It does make me grateful for SiteMeter . Without Sitemeter, I would have stopped blogging long ago because no one was listening, or so it seemed. With sitemeter, knowing that someone in Australia or Asia has clicked on my blog makes it fun. Even if they didn't comment.

I find it VERY bizzare that TWO consecutive people, who visited my blog within about 10 minutes of each other, had each googled Woodchuck Beer and found an old post of mine. Somewhere in Wichita, and somewhere in Martinsburg WV, there are two people who really need to sit down and have that beer together. Call me. We can make this happen.

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

Is Woodchuck even a kind of beer??

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...