Tuesday, March 11, 2008

By the way

The sun is out. The sun is shining! It was vaguely warm today! I can't really contain my glee at all of this. It actually looks like spring.

My windows are SO dirty. Crap!

How come I say at EVERY pta meeting "please run any notes by the principal before you send them home" and some people still don't? (Because nobody wants to hear "NO" ?)

How come a day goes by so quickly when I'm home but not when I'm at work? Why am I using up SO MUCH of my vacation time already?

How come every time I see person X (who I only see once in a while) and she asks me how I am, something stupid falls out of my mouth? (today I might have used the word "offshore" in a sentence. Did I really need to tell her that?) Or is it just that I get a complex that she's only asking to be polite and all of that?

Today was a bad math day, because the consultant teacher didn't meet with my kid after school, so we had the deja vu of the bad year where we did math homework at the kitchen table EVERY DAY from the time we got home until dinner time.

I am happy to say that today is the first day in probably almost 2 weeks where I don't feel "sick". Could be the wine I drank last night. Perhaps. My voice, however, has not gotten the memo and is still all sorts of funky. Which did not stop me from talking to a couple of the other parents. All. Damn. Day. Long. You know, where you're almost watching yourself saying "shut up! shut up already! why are you going on and on?"

... which is kind of where this entry is headed, so.... adios

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...