Saturday, March 08, 2008

Quiet day

Today I didn't do much. Still sick, didn't get up early or venture out anywhere. Cough, cough, cough, nothing yielded except aching ribs. It's not like strep throat. It's just like someone spilled motor oil on my voicebox. Tickling, weird feeling all day long.






Worked on this for a while today. Finished the boooot and the lobster. It was actually FUN to work on. I haven't touched it - literally- in years. I think I started this about 14 years ago. It probably takes about 5 hours a square. I have about 35 left (there are squares at the bottom for my name, the date, etc.)


(35 x 5 ) / (7 * 24 - PTA - work - sleep) = I'll never be done


I used to do counted cross stitch every summer when I was young. We didn't really have the money to do "stuff" like go on vacations or go to camps. So I hung around, read a lot, and sewed. I have a couple of pieces stashed somewhere in my hope chest. When a good friend of mine got married I made her a piece with a country mailbox (on a post) overflowing with flower blooms, and it had a "letter" with her married name and the address of her new home. Something like this:

Great sketch, eh? I know. It took all of 3 minutes. Which means I lose 63 minutes of my sleep tonight for no good reason at all! Good night!

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...