Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It's Learning Fair Day


...so of course I was up until nearly 11:30 last night. And you know I didn't drop right off to sweet dreams of puppies and rainbows....

because the Famous Person costume wasn't done even though I thought it was; we had to find a LOGO, and when I printed out the logo it wasn't the right color, of course. Not what I was in the mood to hear.

Also one of the posterboards wasn't done(every year these teachers say "All of the Work Will Be Done In School" and every year my stomach knots from the very first moment I hear that right up until the last extra assignment); yesterday one of the teachers was actually shopping online while one of my kids' entire class was still working on their unfinished projects. Um, walk around and help maybe?
The first outburst of tears was at 9:25 and there was more than one. We had to redo part of a poster because my daughter doesn't understand timelines. Trying to explain to her that because the teacher said "increments of ten" doesn't mean put ten lines between each year you have an event for...very frustrating for us both.
Oh, and I had to bake too. Not sure how the peach cobbler came out. Not sure if I care, but thanks to my belles who bailed me out.

I had to go to the market after picking them up from school; we needed to buy stuff for the STATE FOOD project. At one point I literally looked around the produce section and wondered if I could lift my shopping cart and throw it over there in that big empty space by the potatoes. Because I knew that I was screwed, for the rest of the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my house, (I have 5 kids) anything requirng poster board / glitter/glue and due the next morning and I am driving to the store at 8pm to buy supplies is referred to by me and the last 2 children (I never swore with the first 3 children, then I grew up)
an F.P. Get it? F*&^ing Project. I hate those things.

onescrappychick said...

I have serious issues with the way your school organizes this event. We skipped ours this year (YAHOO).. but guess who's creative nature got her assigned to the committee that is organizing it next year? (sigh)
Anyhow.. I'm glad for your sake it's over.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...