Thursday, November 13, 2008

Six weeks

it is six weeks until Xmas day.... I am already tired, and I have to:
  • fall clean my house (snicker)
  • stain the fireplace and get the blower installed (it's really warm RIGHT NEXT to the fireplace, but it's a big room, the salesman thought maybe we'd be fine without it but we don't think so)
  • get my dishwasher bolted into the granite (they never did that when the new countertops were put in)
  • get my car inspected
  • clear out my porch (sniffle) and maybe tarp over the screen windows with dropcloths (is that worth it, or will they shred??)
  • replace my desk modem because it's crapping out too much lately
  • get new glasses (tricky, the place in the mall I go to is closed, if these glasses break I'm screwed)
  • finish the mural (see me, crazy?)
  • get MUCH more accomplished on the yearbook
  • help my daughter make tickets for the dance coming up at school
  • start planning the father daughter dance (book the dj)
  • work on the super raffle for the school (only $5000 this year, not $10,000)
  • go to basketball games and not kill the annoying bigmouth dad
  • have our tree trimming party (we do 2 trees so we invite friends and make cookies that day too and get pizza for dinner)
  • walk in the holiday parade (ha! I got those sticker heatingpad things that hunters use in their gloves and boots to keep warm. So, it will be a balmy evening!)
  • have the choir over to see the new addition and have appetizers, etc
  • do cards, gifts, etc which I can't afford!
  • plan a holiday meal for the day AFTER xmas (I told my family they just couldn't come on that day... long story but when you have a nurse and multiple inlaw's families to deal with it gets tricky)
No. Big. Deal. Right?

3 comments:

onescrappychick said...

I'm tired just thinking of all you have to do. I don't even want to think about what I still have to do.

Anonymous said...

Now imagine all of that PLUS having a christmas day DUE DATE. Godspeed to you.

Toren, formerly of Well Hells Bells

Carly said...

OH my gawd... my jaw is on the floor. Wow, Toren!!

GATHER ROUND!!!

...